Friday, August 12, 2011
Quick Post: Young Minds at Google Zeitgeist Americas 2011
Young Minds is a competition to find twelve young people who have made or are trying to make a positive difference in the world. It’s a platform to promote what young people are doing to improve their communities and make a difference in the world.
Previous Young Minds winners have had big ideas and taken steps to make them a reality. The winners attended Zeitgeist Europe 2011, met an array of influential business leaders and thinkers; three of the winners even had a chance to speak at the event.
Now it’s your turn. We want to find twelve 18- to 24-year-olds who will win entry to a special program of events and master classes held at this year’s Zeitgeist Americas 2011.
How do you enter? Upload a 1-minute video by August 25, 2011 for the chance to rub elbows with the best and brightest people on the planet.
Zeitgeist is a special event hosted by Google that brings together over 400 of the planet’s top leaders and biggest brains – from businessmen to bloggers and inventors to activists. That’s guest speakers like Professor Stephen Hawking, Desmond Tutu, Bill Clinton, Will.I.Am and Queen Rania of Jordan. Why? To talk about the big issues affecting our everyday lives, hear what they think is shaping this world of ours and begin to identify solutions to longstanding concerns. You can view talks from past Zeitgeist events in full at zeitgeistminds.com.
Young Minds is open to all 18-24 year olds from the USA, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina. (Click here for complete rules.)
Zeitgeist Americas 2011
September 25-27, 2011
Montelucia Resort & Spa
Paradise Valley, AZ
Submitting an entry is easy:
1. Record a 1 minute video describing how you are making an impact in the world.
2. Upload it to your YouTube account.
3. Click this link to fill out the entry form.
4. Hit submit!
Zeitgeist Americas 2011 is looking for the best Young Minds of today and tomorrow. Are you between 18 and 24 and already changing the world? Great! Tell us what you’re doing in a 1 minute YouTube video and in no time you could be rubbing elbows with the greatest minds on the planet at Google’s exclusive Zeitgeist event in Arizona this September. http://bit.ly/q86hLc
· Are you 18-24 and changing the world? Tell us how! http://bit.ly/q86hLc @ZeitgeistYM @SparkAction
· Are you a future world-changer? Tell us about it! http://bit.ly/q86hLc @ZeitgeistYM @SparkAction
· Are you a game changer? 18-24? YOU should be at Zeitgeist Americas. Enter now! http://bit.ly/q86hLc @ZeitgeistYM @SparkAction
· Do you have what it takes to change the world? http://bit.ly/q86hLc @ZeitgeistYM @SparkAction
· Can you hang with the greatest social entrepreneurs on the planet? Good! Enter now! http://bit.ly/q86hLc @ZeitgeistYM @SparkAction
The Young Minds competition is looking for exceptional young people between the ages of 18 and 24 who are changing their communities and the world. These “future world-changers” will have the opportunity to join over 400 of the planet’s top leaders and biggest brains – from businessmen to bloggers and inventors to activists – at Google’s annual Zeitgeist event. Submit a 1 minute video describing how you’re making a difference and before you know it you could be in Arizona chatting with Desmond Tutu or Will.I.Am. Click here for more information.