Monday, April 4, 2011

Mark Your Calendars: April 7th (12 PM - 1 PM EST)

With the help of Mr. Fernando Rodriguez, the author of Third Tier Reality, we have organized a panel to discuss several pressing and interconnected matters: law school, student loan debt, and employment in the legal field. Since the panel will have law professors, two deans of law schools, and Mr. Rodriquez (a strong critic of the overabundance of law students, and a graduate of Drake Law School), that will be the primary theme. However, I will be the moderator, so we will also discuss broader topics relating to higher education and the ramifications of taking out student loans. 

It is free to listen and sign up. For more details, please visit http://westlegaledcenter.com/program_guide/course_detail.jsf?courseId=35700326

We look forward to you joining this very important debate!


5 comments:

warwick555 said...

Posted on Yahoo news this morning -- the general media is finally getting a grip on the student loan crisis:

http://finance.yahoo.com/college-education/article/111460/is-the-college-debt-bubble-ready-to-explode

About time!

EvrenSeven said...

Did you just out Nando by name?

Cryn Johannsen said...

@EvrenSeven No, I did not out Nando. If you look at that formal announcement, which I posted above, you will see Nando's name.

Nando said...

My name has been out there for a while. I did an interview with Nashville Business Journal in November 2009. I have been quoted by The National Jurist several times, under my given name.

I was also on a Westlaw panel, with two other recent JDs - more than a year ago. At this juncture, I am past the point of no return. All I can do is continue to state the truth, and blast this industry in the mouth.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about the yahoo article, it was helpful to read. Im all for helping people with private loans, but federal loans should be looked at too. All loans are indenture instruments. I am currently trapped in a job i hate because of them.