Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Plans: Addendum

Many of my readers have noticed that I have been quiet on AEM, and for quite a few years as a matter of fact. It is true. I haven't posted nearly as many things as I had in the past. At one point, I was posting up to 3-4 pieces, and many of those pieces included in-depth analysis, every day. Even though I had full-time work, AEM was another full-time job, and that made me proud, as it was a way for me to be of service to a group of people - the indentured educated class - who lack a voice, especially in Washington, D.C. Sadly, we remain collateral damage, an afterthought in this city. But I digress . . .

Just yesterday I provided a short update about my plans for 2016.

This post is intended to expand upon why I have been so quiet. There is one big reason for my notable absence: working on my manuscript. I've had to focus all of my energy on this project, an endeavor that has been exhausting and daunting, as well as exhilarating. Of course, exhilaration in and of itself can be tiring, particularly when you combine that with being overwhelmed by the sheer fact that are you trying to get a book out the door. I was certainly not naive when I began this journey.I knew it would be long and grueling. That said, I could not foresee several life-changing events when I first began working on my manuscript. Those life-changing events, incidentally, are mentioned in the preface to my forthcoming book (May 2016).  

While those life-changing events at the time were not easy (duh!), I am grateful for the insights they have offered me in the department of "how Cryn needs to engage in self-care and self-advocacy." More than anything, they taught me a great deal about patience, something I needed to apply to the manuscript as well as to my work as an activist.

2016 is young. Only 10 days have passed since the world celebrated this New Year. I don't know about you, but I have a strong sense that 2016 is going to be a great year, and I am excited to begin announcing all the changes I am making and the new projects that will enable me to continue being of service to the indentured educated class.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you, Cryn. I lived in DC for 6 years and left not long ago. I hope you are enjoying the city and are taking time for self care. Thank you for giving us a voice and happy new year to you!

B