Thursday, February 14, 2013

Education Trust: I Am Not A Loan

Just a quick note about a fabulous campaign that has been launched by Education Trust (Ed Trust). Ed Trust's campaign is raising awareness about the college affordability debate. They have a great name for this new project: I AM NOT A LOAN. Great, right?!? I think so. When it comes to abandoning this identity, it is time for us to do it now. Furthermore, 2013 is the year to solve this problem. That's right. The time is now.

As a supporting partner of Ed Trust's campaign, I am delighted to spread the word on their behalf. This campaign - obviously - relates to my own research and writing about the student lending crisis. What is next? Well, it isn't just attending to the issue of college affordability, but also to push for actual policy changes that help those who are struggling or unable to pay off their loans (and in saying this, I am also referring to those who are in default with Uncle Sam).

I'll say it again, it is time for the borrowers to have a true voice in DC. My calling is coming to its full fruition.

Check out these links (make sure to like Ed Trust's Facebook page):

http://www.iamnotaloan.org/

http://www.facebook.com/IAmNotALoan

I am Not a Loan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted this information! I recently added myself to their list and briefly told my story. You are right: the name 'I Am Not a Loan' helps us to shed this injustice from our identity. I cannot tell you how often I think about this insurmountable debt on my shoulders and how much it affects EVERYTHING I do. It is psychologically paralyzing.

I love you, Cryn... in a non creepy, sisterly, internet friend sort of way!

Thanks for all you do!

:)