Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We are the 99 Percent Tumblr: 17-year-old Indentured Educated Girl

I can't take credit for this image. It comes from the outstanding blog, "We are the 99 Percent Tumblr." 

THIS. LOOK AT THIS. Her sign speaks volumes about how we have stopped investing in our children - our future. She is one of us now. She is an indentured educated citizen, and she is only 17-years-old. This is heart-wrenching. This is unjust. This is cruel. This is economic slavery at its worst. THIS. THIS is why I support Occupy Wall Street. Because, like this young woman, I too am the the 99%. I too want my future back. I want to know that this young woman gets her future back. It is time. It is time NOW. NOW. Not tomorrow. Not in the future. NOW. We're through with your platitudinous promises. We're through. We're living the American dream NOW. It's starting again NOW. Today. Not tomorrow.

This girl deserves a better life. Just like you do. Just like I do.

3 comments:

Carl Larson said...

This poor 17 year old, and all other young people under the age of 18, face the worst job market of all. They're fine now that they live with their parents, but they're about as safe as a passenger on a prop plane flying into a hurricane.

I graduated in 2009, when a power of ten more people were laid off than were hired. Even though I have the right to brag about this, I'm afraid that the class of 2014 will have it even worse. Good find Cryn!

Anonymous said...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301073_260133967362989_100000991622356_740967_383384140_n.jpg

above is a better one imo.

Cryn Johannsen said...

@anonymous Oct 12 - nice propaganda

Why don't you take a look at this: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wall-street-protesters-are-so-angry-about-2011-10?op=1

And the "personal responsibility" argument is so tiresome. It's too bad you don't understand how things operate. This is a SYSTEMIC problem.