Thursday, September 30, 2010

Senator Burr's comment about students' choice is a joke

Senator Burr recently claimed that he's worried about which colleges will receive federal student loans. He contends it will limit the student's 'choices,' and noted that it would hurt military members. Are you friggin' kidding me? I mean, I am trying not to have a HEART ATTACK over this bullshit. Yes, I said bullshit. Senator Burr, you are FULL OF BULLSHIT. How much money have you received from the for profits, sir? Tell us.

I mean, is this the Twilight Zone?

4 comments:

John in Boston said...

I'll take your characterization of this Senator Burr at face value, but I'm as flummoxed as you are angry. Can you provide a link so I can educate myself on what he did say? Cuz I sure as heck can't see how "choice" is at issue, nor how any of this negatively affects military personnel.

Cryn Johannsen said...

Burr is not the first to make this argument about it affecting military personnel negatively. Here's an article on this situation and some other absurd things Burr said - http://chronicle.com/article/In-Partisan-Hearing-Democrats/124763/ . He claimed that going after the for profit industry is like a 'witch hunt.' That's ridiculous.

warwick555 said...

I agree, Cryn. This guy must be taking money from a For Profit lobbyist. What I can't figure out is why the banks want to be lending money that isn't going to be paid back. Even if they do take away the right to bankruptcy, which is in effect a debtors prison, you can't get blood out of a turnip. It reminds of the Enron days, when they reported fake profits to get people to invest. Thats what carrying uncollectable debt does for bank stock profiles. Its all just another form of fraud, like the subprime mortgages.

Anonymous said...

The University of Maryland has been providing high quality distance education since 1949 and serving military world wide. Funny, they don't even charge out of state tuition for military. Gee, I wonder how they make it on 1/4 of the tuition for profits charge?